Family Planning Advice
Family Planning Clinics - Plymouth
For Plymouth family planning clinic drop in clinics please click on the link provided below:
Community contraception and sexual health service
Offer advice, counselling and supplies for contraceptive and sexual health services:
- Free advice on and supply of a wide range of contraceptive methods - pills, implants, condoms, intra-uterine devices and systems (IUD/IUS), injectables etc.
- Emergency contraception for when your own method has let you down
- Condoms - including female condoms and a range of male condoms available at all clinics
- Chlamydia testing - free screening, treatment.
- Cervical Cytology (smears) done routinely every 3-5 years (depending on age)
- Breast awareness advice given
- Pregnancy tests for women who fear they may have an unwanted pregnancy. Early morning urine sample preferred - can be done within two days of missed period
- Specialist staff who have undertaken further training and have considerable experience, with time to talk about all sexual health matters.
- These clinics are open to all ages and appointments can be made by contacting the office at the Cumberland Centre. However, there is also a young people friendly services for the under 25's only. Young people's clinics are run on a 'drop in' basis, with no need to make an appointment.
Clinics are located at:
- Cumberland Centre, Damerel Close, Devonport, Plymouth
- Plymstock Clinic, Horn Cross Road, Plymouth
- South Hams Clinic, South Hams Hospital, Kingsbridge
- Tavistock Clinic, 70 Plymouth Road, Tavistock
Young People's Clinics:
- The Junction, and Junctionplus clinics, The Zone, 14-16 Union Street, Derry's Cross, Plymouth
- University Clinic, Medical Centre, 27 Endsleigh Place, Plymouth
- The Bridge, Youth Enquiry Service, 1 Highland Villas, Ivybridge
- Rees Youth Centre, Mudge Way, Plympton, PL7 2PS
- Whitleigh Youth Centre, Woodview Learning Community, Lancaster Gdns, PL5 4AA
- Efford Youth Centre, Blandford Way, Efford
- Phoenix Centre, 64 Little Dock Lane, Honicknowle, PL5 2LZ
- The Barn, Tamar View, Community Resource Centre, Poole Park Rd, Barne Barton, PL5 1DD