The PAIN TOOLKIT
Helping people around the world self-manage and cope with persistent pain.
Visit the webiste HERE and click on the following two areas in the top toolbar
What is Pain? - explanations of
- the pain cycle
- persistent pain
Tools: The tools to have in your toolkit for managing chronic pain
- acceptance getting involved
- pacing prioritising
- setting goals being patient
- relaxation exercising
- tracking progress setback plans
- team work daily practice
Other helpful Websites
Click on the Website name to access the site
- support and advice for people affected by long term pain
- telephone: 0845 603 1593
- A UK charity which funds treatment into the causes and treatment of human chronic pain and is involved with education of health professionals about pain management
- An alliance of charities providing a voice for people living with pain
- Operates to make a significant difference for people living with pain whether that is through the support of member charities or directly.
- Patient information leaflets
- CPA is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength, and hope with each other so that they may solve their common problem and help others recover from the disabling effects of chronic pain and chronic illness.
- A chronic back pain sufferer's thoughts on understanding and self-managing pain and of living and working well with pain.
- Since 1980, the ACPA has offered peer support and education in pain management skills to people with pain, family and friends, and health care professionals.
- The information and tools on their site can help you to better understand your pain and work more effectively with your health care team toward a higher quality of life.
Links to Pain Resources
- Access a collection of over fifty links and resources from around the world to help people living with persistent pain
INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR THE STUDY OF PAIN:
PRACTICAL PAIN MANAGEMENT:
- American website with lots of helpful links to pain management resources - Click HERE